Burrard Massage Therapy is an RMT-dominant clinic that provides accessible and personalized treatments for the patient’s body. BMT is committed to building an inclusive environment.
Review the open positions below and send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Status: Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $50 – $105 per hour
Hours: 8:00am – 2:00pm or 2:15pm – 8:15pm
Massage Therapists are professionally trained and are experts in injury diagnosis, injury treatment, exercise prescription, injury prevention, rehabilitation and many other areas of sport and health and fitness.
- Complete a case history and assess client to form a clinical impression.
- Based on the assessment and analysis of the findings, select and implement a treatment program to achieve rehabilitation goals.
- Document therapeutic process in the client’s health record.
- Work independently, and as a member of a team to reach goals of treatment through an interdisciplinary approach.
Clinical routine include:
- Escort patients to and from treatment rooms.
- Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes.
- Frequently check with the patient to promote comfort, safety, and security throughout service.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior by following clinic standard operating procedures for inappropriate conduct for guests and therapists, leading up to and including stopping treatment or service and informing Administration.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; make sure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all patients according to company standards; anticipate and address patients’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Arrange follow-up appointment with the patient to continue treatment plan.
Education & Experience:
Active license and in good standing as Registered Massage Therapist with the College of Massage Therapy of British Columbia (CMTBC)
If currently studying for your license, please mention the expected date that you will receive your license in your cover letter.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Demonstrate excellent time-management skills.
Demonstrate proper completion of charting therapeutic assessment in a timely manner.
Keep up-to-date with current techniques and modalities.
Status: Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $15-18 per hour based on experience
Hours: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Medical Office Assistants (MOAs) perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the operation of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. The role is to support the therapists of Burrard Massage Therapy to deliver excellent patient care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide quality customer service
- Manage incoming phone calls and emails and answer clinical inquiries
- Manage client appointments and therapist schedules
- Operate ClinicSense software (online scheduling software)
- Process payment using POS machine and submitting claims through third party insurance portals
- Collect and maintain client files for efficient handling
- Enforce clinic etiquette and maintenance (replenish supplies, garbage removal, etc)
- Process requests for clinical records and statement of accounts
- General administration tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency with computer including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Effective multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgement and decision-making
- Skilled in verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Skilled in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, patients, and external agencies
- Detail-oriented, ability to remain calm in busy/stressful situations
- Flexible or consistent work availability
- Knowledge of health administrative practices and ability to adhere to organizational policies, procedures, and systems
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Experience in a massage therapy / healthcare clinic an asset
- Knowledge of or experience with MSP, ICBC & WCB billing codes and procedures is an asset
You will be on paid training up to two weeks before the start date.